To have safer results about papercrete΄s behavior I made 40 new specimens -experiment 04- in the Civil Lab of TU Delft. The process was more controlled, I used the formal plastic forms, the proportions were accurate and I used the concrete vibrating motor. I wanted to examine the -exposed in same conditions- specimens more often to get more precise results and make compression and split tests to get information about papercrete’s structural behavior. After 5 days I removed the forms but all the specimens failed. They had the same flaws like the specimens made before.
– Rough-porous surface
– Brittle structure
– Not homogeneous
– Different drying period and
– Deviations in weight and volume
Because of the flaws I couldn’t use the specimens for testing, not even for examination. The proportion used was 4:4:2 (paper:cement:sand). I used newspaper, Portland cement, and thin sand to make the specimens.