Papercrete is easy to produce but requires accurate measurements. It is important to weight the newspapers before soaking them. The standard process to make the mix is:
• Soak newspaper in water overnight to soften the fibres and make mixing easier.
• Mix the soaked paper until it becomes a homogeneous pulp.
• Add Portland cement, sand and water.
• Blend into a concrete mixer or similar machine (Papercrete Tow-Mixer) the ingredients until the mix becomes a thick consistent pulp.
• Pour mix into forms (wooden or metal) to create blocks of any size and shape. To maximise the benefit of re-use of moulds, steel moulds must be used. They have long life span providing thousands of re-uses and also reduction of waste.
• Remove the forms (after 7 days in a wet climate)
1.Make wooden forms…
…or use the plastic forms used to make concrete
3. Make the paper pupl (I used x-shaped head drill)
4. Pour cement and sand into the paper pulp