In warm façades, the insulating layer is mounted directly on the outside or the inside of the façade construction. When the thermal insulating layer is applied on the outside, it must also be water-resistant to ensure that the insulating properties are not lost due to weathering. If the insulating layer is inside, the ability to store heat no longer influence the interior environment.
Thermally insulated facades are designed in such a way that controls the drainage of water from the transom into the mullion. In combination with the improved sealant for the facade construction, they become tight construction elements.
Same principles in detailing also apply here. Systems with rivets and fixings are not applicable. I will consetrate in adhesively bonded systems.
Further research is needed in how:
• the insulation material connects with the panel.
• the insulation material connects with the wall
A wide range of insulation products has been developed to be used in our warm wall systems (information taken Knauf Marmorit Warm Wall Systems)
Warm Wall systems are the most cost effective way to insulate new and old buildings providing efficient thermal properties and allowing for creative design. Companies have developed many differt systems which fullfil the requirements ofdifferent uses. In the appendix A briefly mention the system used by Kanuf. (to show the great variety)
Joint with the wall
The connection of the panels with the wall depends on the insulating material. Connetion of insulating material with the wall is a more conventional system
• mechanically fixed to the wall
• metal sheet between wall and insulation
• bonded with a surface coating applied to insulation
• Specially formulated adhesive
• Standard basecoat (SM700) or other protection foil
• Adhesive (Existing) Insulation and Finish Duo Adhesive before Tongued and Grooved EPS
Warm facade systems fulfil the ever increasing requirement for thermal and sound insulation, whilst providing a weatherproof and decorative finish. The system is designed for greater thermal performance. The benefits are
• Thermally efficient
• Thinner sections
• No loss of internal space
• Quicker construction process
• Reduced or eliminated scaffolding time
• Less disruption to occupants
• Extends the building life
• Manufacturers warranty